Why A Clingy Lady Should Never Date a Journalist

I have read and heard people being warned against dating journalists, especially fellow journalists.

Some people even say it should be added to the dictionary of dust and among the thousand ways to run crazy.

But is it true? Maybe it is.

Or maybe it's just another bunch of haters whose genuine happiness is seeing relationships and marriages involving journalist couples fall apart.

I am a female journalist, though not married yet. But having worked in the newsrooms of two of Kenya's leading media stations, here's what I would say from that perspective.

Sometimes, while in the newsroom, I would imagine what my life would be like if I were married to one of the senior reporters.

Maybe by now I'd be seated on one of those therapy couches many people joke about, narrating the story of my love life to a therapist who has also experienced their fair share of heartbreak, constantly staring at me and saying just two words:

"Keep going."

Why did my mind shift there?

During the morning newsroom meetings, I would hear reporters giving briefs on stories they had been following up since 5 a.m. Then I'd hear editors assigning stories that would require them to work until dusk.

Then I'd remember how I had left some of those same people in the editing suite well past 9 p.m., still editing packages and preparing for the next day's assignments.

I would genuinely wonder...

What time do they even get to spend with their partners?

Oh, oops.

That also means I was equally obsessed with the newsroom if I was leaving at that hour too.

But as I mentioned, I am yet to be married, so don't throw stones.

My overthinking would then graduate to the next level.

I'd imagine that even if they managed to leave earlier, it probably meant the day's assignment had physically exhausted them, but they somehow finished editing on time.

Then they'd leave, get stuck in rush-hour traffic and, just to make matters worse, imagine they lived along Thika Road.

That means they'd still arrive home late anyway.

Exhausted. Mentally drained.

Only longing to get into bed and recharge for the next day's assignment.

And what if tomorrow's assignment starts before sunrise? That means only a few hours of sleep. Sad.

Then my delulu mind would graduate with honours. I would start wondering whether they even have time for intimacy with their partners.

Poor ladies. I pray lust doesn't finish them one day. 

Do they feel unloved? Undesired?

And the men? How do they navigate all that?

Well...Let me shut down my delulu mind before it earns a PhD.

To date, I still pity some journalists' partners, especially those in long-distance relationships who may not fully understand the demands of the profession and are constantly battling insecurities.

I imagine some are currently seated on therapy couches as we speak. Or perhaps booking appointments.

So yes.

According to my weird observations, ofwhich I could also be wrong, for a clingy lady like me, whose love language is attention and affection, dating a journalist should actually be added among a thousand ways to die.

Because honestly...

I might just die of loneliness and overthinking.





Comments

  1. Ann unataka tusipendwe๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…,,,but sometimes men also needs and admire women who always seeks attention...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sasa utaseek attention uambiwe "I am tired, I need to rest". Utaenda kulilia wapi๐Ÿ˜†

      Delete
  2. But we still have conherent journalistic marriages ๐Ÿ™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes that's for sure. My observations are not the final verdict.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Men, Aah Zii Means Aah Zii!

Before "Seen" Ruined the Beautiful Inconvenience of Waiting